The Seahawks won on Saturday, and now we're going to face the 49ers in the NFC Division Championship. I can't wait, even if I'm watching from a friend's because tickets cost your first born child. I have to admit I'm nervous. I want them to win, not just because Seattle needs a championship (ok, so the NBA and WNBA have them-- unfortunately I'm not a fan of basketball), but because of all the Seattle hate. Even in our own city. I work with a Colts fan and an Eagles fan, and my husband is a Cowboys fan. My husband, as awesome as he otherwise is, feels the constant need to remind me that 20+ years ago, the Cowboys had a decent team. To which I always respond that he needs to stop living in the past and realize the Seahawks play in the present. Also, who went to the playoffs? Who's still in the playoffs? Who's going to win their first Super Bowl before the Cowboys win another? Booyah. Suck it.
Anyway, onto the point. I've found myself disappointed with many an espresso stout in the past. It either tasted too milky, too chocolatey, or had some sort of weird aftertaste. To this day, I've only found two that I enjoyed. The Laurelwood Espresso Stout is one of them.
Laurelwood brews in Portland, Oregon, so it only made sense that they collaborated with Portland Roasting to make this amazing brew. The coffee flavor is the strongest I've found in a coffee stout, and honestly what I've always expected other coffee stouts to taste like. You can smell the coffee in this beer with your glass at arm's reach. This one by far sets and raises the bar for coffee stouts to come. I like to describe it as a latte flavored beer.
I originally tried the beer at Laurelwood's tap room. However, you can find it at Pint Defiance off of 19th and Mildred. It's reasonably priced at about $5 for a 22oz bottle. It's a must try on my list!
Give it a try and let me know what you think. If you have a recommendation of another coffee stout, or really anything I should try, let me know that too!

No comments:
Post a Comment