Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hello Tacoma! And 12 Man!

I've actually blogged before, but never about anything but myself. I started when I was 17 with Live Journal way back in the day. Back when you had to have a code to join.

I also got my facebook back when it was only for college kids. I'm so hipster. Bow to me.

Since I'm still talking about myself, I will go over my history with beer. I've been drinking beer since my early 20s, though until the last couple years I stuck to mostly domestics. Bud, Coors, Miller, Pabst. Every now and then I'd go to chain breweries like the Ram and BJs and drink their beer, but I never really learned to appreciate them, nor did I really branch out with beer until I met my husband, who is a self-proclaimed beer snob. He got me really into craft beer and the Seattle Sounders.

Since I'm still figuring the whole soccer thing out (this will be my third season attending Sounders matches), and I've been trying to start a blog I can be committed to for a long time, I figured why not beer. Sure, there are plenty of beer blogs, but not a lot that I've seen that truly go out and review beer. Yes, I'm trying to become a beer critic in  my own backyard. It won't be cheap. It won't be easy. But it will be fun.

PS: I'm not getting paid for this. I'm pretty sure if a lawyer came after me I'd have to say something like that. Maybe someday I'll get paid to be a beer critic. But not now.

Now, let's get started with some Dicks 12 Man, shall we?



This beer is all the rage in Washington State right now. Seriously. People are going crazy for it because Seahawks. And playoffs. Don't ask me where to find it... though I got mine at Metropolitan Market. It's labeled as an APA. Since I'm a huge fan of other APAs (Georgetown Manny's is my personal favorite), I had high expectations.

It's a very light taste from start to finish. If you're used to domestics or very lightly flavored beers, this will run in with them. There isn't a hoppy flavor. Or any really prominent flavor at all. It actually took me back to my Pabst drinking days.

In my opinion, this is a great collector's item, but not a really great drinking beer unless you enjoy low IBU counts. My husband mentioned this beer would probably taste better in the summer, too. I have to agree with that.

Have you had a chance to try Dicks 12 Man APA? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment